Student Service Centre and Registrar’s Office (TIK)
Budapest city guide
Budapest is the capital city of Hungary with a population of two million. The vibrant metropolis is a political, administrative, cultural and sports hub, drawing around 30 million tourists each year through a wide range of cultural programmes and magnificent attractions. You are guaranteed to have fun in Budapest.!
You can soak yourself in thermal water, go caving in the Buda hills, enjoy some great operas and classical concerts, sample some amazing Hungarian cuisine and absorb the atmosphere of the many ruin pubs and retro gardens. Locals are friendly and easy to approach, and the city itself is safe. Hungarians have a unique language and get very excited when a foreigner makes an effort to use it.
Hungarian customs and culture
Hungary and Hungarian culture is more than just the great city of Budapest. To fully immerse yourself in our culture here is a Bucket list of 10 things to experience during your time here.
To find out what is happening in the city and the country, from the most exciting events to the latest gastro novelties, check out these websites:
Everyday life in Hungary
Though moving to a different country is a thrilling experience, it can take some time until you get fully settled in. Here are 8 apps that will make your life in Budapest easier:
- A trip planner so you never arrive late:BudapestGo
- An app for bike lovers / cyclists: Molbubi
- Budapest Design Map: Budapest Design Week is the biggest design event in Hungary and takes place every year in October.The Budapest Design Map app was developed as part of the project to provide information about design stores and venues from 15 categories, including fashion, design, home decoration and furniture.
- Get the best exchange rates and a borderfree payment application with Revolut
- Bolt will help you find a ride home anytime - even very late at night returning from clubbing:-)
- Finally, if you want to give a shot to learning Hungarian, the Duolingo app will help you pick up some essential words for impressing the locals.
- Farmer’s markets / Flea markets / Supermarkets / Drugstores
Most people still prefer to buy their veggies and fruits from the many markets Budapest has to offer. In addition to fresh, local produce, you can also find gems of homemade goodies. Here is a list of the 10 best markets to discover.!
- Around MOME
Here is our short guide with some useful and practical information - places around the campus and other essentials!
- At MOME
In our Campus Guide you can find all the information you need to get familiar with the campus and help kick off your adventure with us!
User's guide to Hungary
Click here for the brochure: https://tka.hu/kiadvany/16109/user-s-guide-to-hungary