MOME has set an ambitious goal to be the leading creative industry and innovation hub in Central and Eastern Europe by 2030. To compliment the university’s efforts to achieve this goal, we’ve launched a design-driven incubation program to aid young innovators, researchers, and aspiring entrepreneurs in Hungary. Anyone may apply to participate in our incubation program, regardless of one’s age, educational background, discipline, industry, or field of study.
We aim to have an interdisciplinary group of participants, and preference is given to those projects that are impact-focused, connected to wellbeing, or otherwise aligned with MOME’s areas of expertise or research fields. If you have any questions about the program, join our info session on 20th February!
Access MOME’s international and interdisciplinary mentor pool to receive personalised advice from experts in design, innovation, and startups.
Support from MOME’s design researchers, lecturers, trainers, and students to receive value-adding creative support for your project.
Participants can make use of MOME’s infrastructure, including the new Technology Park and the dedicated co-working space on campus.
Participants can build up their network within MOME and with experienced entrepreneurs, mentors, and innovators in the local and regional startup ecosystem.
Participate in workshops, open discussions, and interdisciplinary (peer-to-peer) learning sessions that collectively contribute to further developing your project.
After successfully passing the stage gate in the incubation program, you can access potential funding opportunities from the university or through our network of investors.
Who is the ideal participant for this program?
- Anyone with a potential breakthrough idea or novel concept that has the potential to make an impact and address a (market) need in a unique or differentiated way.
- Self-motivated individuals and teams who can attend all the contact sessions, and who have clear and actionable goals with regards to how MOME’s incubation program can support the development of their project.
- Projects that can clearly demonstrate how MOME can add value.
- Anyone with a preference to participate in an English-language incubation program in Hungary.
What is needed to be eligible?
- Have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- The project should not be involved in any other incubation program at the same time.
- Most team members, and the team leader more specifically, should be living in Hungary throughout the duration of the incubation program.
- International students/residents in Hungary should have a valid residence permit that covers the full duration of the incubation program.
- Your project doesn’t need to be a legally registered entity.